If you are interested in applying for any of the following positions, please send your resume to email@example.com with the job position title in the subject line.
Marty’s Market is a unique, community-minded, specialty food retailer and café in Pittsburgh’s Strip District neighborhood dedicated to delivering unmatched fun, flavorful, food-centric experiences to our customers and to each other. We are committed to strengthening southwestern Pennsylvania’s regional food system, and through our partnerships with food producers, local farmers, and members of our community, we will do just that.
Marty’s Market exclusively sell food that is good for our families, our environment, and ourselves. We support and sell food that has not been adulterated by genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and foods that have not been treated with synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides or other harmful chemicals. We value the humane treatment of animals and believe that doing so makes for premier quality dairy and meat products. In short, we offer Food That’s Made of Food™ and nothing else!
Although we are but a small business, we endeavor to make a significant impact on our region one bite at a time.
We’re seeking candidates for the following:
This position involves building and maintaining relationships while working closely and accurately within guidelines. A typical day as a Marty’s Market café staff will involve delivering unmatched customer service experiences to customers and fellow staff, working in a faster than average paced environment, multi-tasking, as well as some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Taking and delivering food orders.
- Use of proper serving etiquette.
- Monitoring and observing the guests dining experience to ensure they are satisfied.
- Responding promptly and courteously to any customer requests.
- Knowledge of the menu items and appropriate ways of answering customers questions.
- Being proactive to anticipate guests needs to ensure efficient service.
- Making sure guests feel welcome and are given friendly & courteous service at all times.
- Maintaining a high energy level all day.
- Helping set up, facilitate, or clean up after a special event.
- Promoting new products or services to customers.
- Participating in weekly team meetings.
- Helping maintain cleanliness of the café/store.
- Following food and money handling procedures.
- Attending training sessions about the company’s products (e.g. the uniqueness of a supplier’s farming practices)
- Working well with co-workers and being aware of and able to anticipate when they need assistance
Competitive Candidates will exhibit the following:
- Has experience working in customer service and/or the foodservice/hospitality industry.
- Is passionate about selling great food and giving great service.
- Positively responds to requests for assistance from co-workers, supervisors, and customers.
- Is self-motivated, especially under pressure.
- Can work a flexible schedule, including weekends and occasional evenings.
- Prefers a fast-paced working environment and handling a variety of tasks in a single shift.
- Has good problem solving skills and enjoys handling complexity.
- Has strong interpersonal skills.
- Communicates professionally and respectfully in person and on the phone.
- Enjoys working as a member of a team and having fun at work.
- Is able to effectively manage her/his emotions in the workplace.
- Is detail-oriented and able to maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Is excited about learning and training on products and company initiatives.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Bending and stooping to grasp objects and climb ladders.
- Bending and twisting one’s neck and waist, reaching above and below shoulders and squatting.
- Bending and lifting loads, up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing and pulling carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.).