Marty’s Market is a unique, community-minded, specialty food retailer and café in Pittsburgh’s Strip District neighborhood dedicated to delivering unmatched fun, flavorful, food-centric experiences to our customers and to each other. We are committed to strengthening southwestern Pennsylvania’s regional food system, and through our partnerships with food producers, local farmers, and members of our community, we are doing just that!
Marty’s Market exclusively selsl food that is good for our families, our environment, and ourselves. We support and sell food that has not been adulterated by genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and foods that have not been treated with synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides or other harmful chemicals. We value the humane treatment of animals and believe that doing so makes for premier quality dairy and meat products. In short, we offer Food That’s Made of Food™ and nothing else!
Although we are but a small business, we endeavor to make a significant impact on our region one bite at a time.
We seek baristas who are passionate about coffee, committed to exceptional service, and interested in enhancing Pittsburgh’s coffee community. If terms like extraction, direct trade, or sustainability get you excited, then you’re our type of people.
Our company’s commitment to quality and sustainability is echoed in our menu. We serve direct trade, single origin coffees and prepare beverages with local, grass-fed milk (or organic non-dairy milks). We offer a selection of locally-blended, loose leaf teas and are building a selection of products for coffee enthusiasts to use at home like cold brew kits and organic simple syrups we’ve (you’ve) made.
Interested applicants should send resume and brief cover letter to sarah [at] caffedamorecatering.com.
During your time at Marty’s Market, you will be working directly with our Butcher, Steve Beachy whose 15 years of experience as a chef will further prepare you for both food retail and food service environments.
During the course of your 90-day study, you will learn the following skills:
• Whole Animal Butchery: You will be taught butchery in the classic sense of the word, breaking down sides of beef, whole hogs, and whole lambs, often straight from one of our local farm partners. You will also learn poultry butchery including turkey, duck, chicken, and quail.
• Seafood Preparation: Learn to fillet round fish such as salmon and sea bass, prepare flat fish such as halibut and flounder for retail, and properly handle mollusks, shellfish and bivalves.
• The Craft of Charcuterie: The art of whole animal butchery is not complete without learning preservation skills. In this internship, you will learn how to salt, cure, smoke, brine, and dry meats. Create bacon, pancetta, pâtés, terrines, jerky, smoked hams, pastrami, tongue, lardo, torchon, liver mousse, lox and more.
• Sausage-Making: Learn to produce fresh sausages, emulsified sausages such as hot dogs and mortadella, and smoked sausages such as kielbasa, andouille, and linguica.
• Pickling and Fermentation: Make sauerkraut, kim chi, and pickled vegetables.
• Techniques: You will learn proper and safe knife skills including general skills, sharpening, and grip. Other techniques will include identifying animal joints, gland removal, feathering, frenching, and butcher ties.
• Preparation: A great butcher can answer customers’ questions about how to best prepare and cook the cuts they sell. During the course of this internship, you will learn the best cooking methods for our offerings: braising, roasting, grilling, poaching, hot smoking, cold smoking, and more.
• Sourcing: Marty’s Market sources the best products found locally and globally. Learn why quality standards matter for taste and sustainability.
This internship includes:
• Housing: Private bedroom and bathroom, shared kitchen and deck space in a 3-story home within 2 miles of Marty’s Market.
• Stipend: $500 per month.
• Staff meal during working hours.
• 40-hour work week.
Interested applicants should e-mail Steve Beachy at steve [at] martysmarket.com with a resume and brief cover letter.
This position involves working closely and accurately within guidelines. A typical day as a Marty’s Market line cook will involve preparing premier quality foods and delivering unmatched food-based experiences to customers as well as some or all of the following:
• Preparing and cooking food according to Marty’s Market’s standards.
• Ensuring that all food meets company quality and presentation standards.
• Maintaining proper station set up and a pristine work area.
• Maintaining a high energy level all day.
• Assisting with instructional sessions on food preparation or other food-related topics.
• Participating in weekly team meetings.
• Helping maintain cleanliness of the store/café.
• Following food handling and sanitation procedures.
• Attending training sessions about the company’s products, e.g. the uniqueness of a supplier’s farming practices or seasonal vegetables – or – about the company’s systems, e.g. how to record a customer complaint or how to log an inventory transfer between departments.
Competitive Candidates will exhibit the following:
• Has 2-3 years of cooking experience working in a variety of kitchens, including both high-end environments and numbers-oriented businesses.
• Has a reputation for giving great service to customers and co-workers.
• Can work a flexible schedule, including weekends and evenings.
• Has a reputation for maintaining a safe and clean kitchen.
• Has strong character—possesses a high level of integrity and honesty.
• Has strong inter-personal and organizational skills.
• Communicates professionally and respectfully in person and on the phone.
• Is helpful and positively responds to requests for assistance from co-workers, supervisors, and customers.
• Is passionate about cooking great food and giving great service.
• Is self-motivated and works at a steady, even pace to assure accuracy and quality of work.
• Completes a set of tasks before starting new ones.
• Works within established systems, standards, and procedures.
• Is able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Enjoys having fun at work.
• Is able to effectively manage her/his emotions in the workplace.
• Is detail-oriented, flexible, and hardworking.
• Seeks training on products and company initiatives.
This position involves building and maintaining relationships while working closely and accurately within guidelines. A typical day as a Marty’s Market café staff will involve delivering unmatched customer service experiences to customers and fellow staff, working in a faster than average paced environment, multi-tasking, as well as some or all of the following responsibilities:
- • Taking and delivering food orders.
- • Use of proper serving etiquette.
- • Monitoring and observing the guests dining experience to ensure they are satisfied.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Bending and stooping to grasp objects and climb ladders.
- Bending and twisting one’s neck and waist, reaching above and below shoulders and squatting.
- Bending and lifting loads, up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing and pulling carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.).
- • Responding promptly and courteously to any customer requests.
- • Knowledge of the menu items and appropriate ways of answering customers questions.
- • Being proactive to anticipate guests needs to ensure efficient service.
- • Making sure guests feel welcome and are given friendly & courteous service at all times.
- • Maintaining a high energy level all day.
- • Helping set up, facilitate, or clean up after a special event.
- • Promoting new products or services to customers.
- • Participating in weekly team meetings.
- • Helping maintain cleanliness of the café/store.
- • Following food and money handling procedures.
- • Attending training sessions about the company’s products (e.g. the uniqueness of a supplier’s farming practices)
- • Working well with co-workers and being aware of and able to anticipate when they need assistance
Competitive Candidates will exhibit the following:
- • Has experience working in customer service and/or the foodservice/hospitality industry.
- • Is passionate about selling great food and giving great service.
- • Positively responds to requests for assistance from co-workers, supervisors, and customers.
- • Is self-motivated, especially under pressure.
- • Can work a flexible schedule, including weekends and occasional evenings.
- • Prefers a fast-paced working environment and handling a variety of tasks in a single shift.
- • Has good problem solving skills and enjoys handling complexity.
- • Has strong interpersonal skills.
- • Communicates professionally and respectfully in person and on the phone.
- • Enjoys working as a member of a team and having fun at work.
- • Is able to effectively manage her/his emotions in the workplace.
- • Is detail-oriented and able to maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- • Is excited about learning and training on products and company initiatives.